Faith: Promises of the Sacrament
When you eat the sacrament you renew your covenants. when you take sacrament you are also renewing the promises you make a baptism. you promise to mourn, comfort, and follow god forever. Jesus established the sacrament so we could remember his flesh and blood. When we take the sacrament we promise to remember him until next Sunday, when we renew this promise. Understanding these promises helps you be a better person. One time I was thinking in sacrament, what can I do to be better? I ended up thinking about swimming. I am always getting so frustrated with the little kids on my team (they are about 10-11). I thought about how Jesus was able to forgive people that tortured him and killed him. I also remembered my baptismal covenant to follow him until the end. With the understanding of this covenant I was able to go a whole day without getting frustrated at anyone.
Comments
Post a Comment